Thursday 10 July 2008

Take what you can get...

Was heading out to the club last night, for some going away drinks with Trevor... and thought to myself "Quite nice weather, might just take my kit and do some night flying if anyone is interested"... checked Metflight and the conditions seemed to indicate we would not get fog.

Driving out to the airfield, there did not seem to be any fog forming, and I could see about 5 or 6 aircraft in the circuit... I arrived at the club, walked in the door, and, jokingly, the first thing Trevor said was "Are you going flying?"... not expecting me to say "Well, my stuff is in the car... who is keen?".

Found myself 3 passengers pretty quickly... so I pre-flighted LMA and we blasted off... I had been intending on doing a city scenic, but by the time we were taxiing out the temperature and the dewpoint were almost the same, which is ideal conditions for fog... and some of the other members were wanting Trevor back for drinks, so I decided to blat around the circuit a couple of times instead.

Was good until the children in the back, who shall remain... Trevor and Nathan, decided that playing at white-noise generators over the intercom was a good idea. Unfortunately, the intercom did not have an isolate function... *sigh*...

Anyway, as it turns out, the fog never arrived... Still another 0.7 in the logbook and was good to keep current at night... might have another go tonight if the weather holds.


This flight: 0.7 PinC Night
Total Hours: 127.9 (78.9/37.7 Day, 4.9/6.4 Night, 5.1 IFR)

No comments: