Wednesday 9 April 2008

Sharing the wealth

Took a friend up for a Night City Scenic this evening...

Was a little 'interesting' to begin with, as he is a little nervous about heights and not that sure about flying in light aircraft... his comment when we arrived at the club was 'wow, those planes parked next door are quite small'... He was referring to the 172's for sale at Denis Thompson Aircraft Sales... we were going to be flying in a 152! :)

After I showed him JFY, he looked a little nervous, but I walked him through the pre-flight, explaining what I was doing and why (safety) and he seemed sweet.

Strapped in and headed for the city... was a clear night and very smooth... and the city looked simply spectacular! After a couple of orbits of the Sky Tower, my friend was feeling a little more relaxed and even got out his camera to get some pics. After trying to take some photos, without flash after I pointed out blinding your pilots is not a good idea, and getting lots of blur, he decided to try a video. The results can be seen here:

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=790574270&k=6WDYX3P5S55MZ1LGWAVXV

note: you may need a facebook account to view this... I'm working on getting a copy of the original, so I can add it to youtube

It came out quite well... and I'd just like to point out that the camera shake has nothing to do with my flying! :)

Back to Ardmore for a relatively smooth landing and he was really buzzing and wanting to do it again with his Fiance... :)

He did mention to me at work that he got a little nervous when I chopped the power back to idle beginning the approach to land... so I must remember next time, to advise the pax what I'm up to so as not to cause any concern!

The ulterior motive behind my flight was to test out the LightSPEED Zulu headset that I have on demo from Phil at SpecialFX Supplies (the NZ LightSPEED Distributor)...

all I can say is "WOW!"... this puppy really does live up to the hype... very light, very quiet and extremely comfortable... I'm hoping to give it a good test on my solo high level cross country this weekend... fingers crossed for good weather!


This flight: 1.0 PinC
Total Hours: 111.9 (76.1 Dual Day, 28.7 PinC Day, 3.9 Dual Night, 3.2 PinC Night, 5.1 IFR)

No comments: