Friday 4 April 2008

Circuit Groping?

Can't really say 'Circuit Bashing'... coz I could not really see it, more like groping in the dark :)

Despite a day of rubbish weather, it came good at just the right time... and once you get up into the circuit and turn the landing light off the view is just amazing... with Auckland City, the Southern Motorway snaking off into the darkness and the stars even came out! Beats me why no-one else is night flying at the moment... the only traffic I had were a couple of light twins returning from some night IFR and one of those was back on the ground while I was doing my run-ups!

My night landings are definitely improving, with just one 'firm' one out of 12... it's amazing how quickly you can get around the circuit with no other traffic around!

I now have the minimum requirements for Night Flying (5 hours with at least 2 dual and 2 solo). All I need to do now is a night city scenic with Rob (including a low approach and overshoot at Auckland International!) and as long as I perform satisfactorily I will be able to get the night restriction lifted!


This flight: 1.2 Solo
Total Hours: 107.1 (73.4 Dual Day, 2.8 Dual Night, 28.7 PinC Day, 2.2 PinC Night, 5.1 IFR)

No comments: