Sunday 20 April 2008

Adding to the collection

Climbed behind the controls of a Piper Cherokee (PA-28) for the first time in almost 8 years today...

And it was fantastic... this particular aircraft (ZK-LMA) was a very tidy specimen of the 180HP variety... with 3 people on-board that could afford to miss the odd meal or three, it was still climbing at over 500' per minute while maintaining 80kts! When I took it solo I was getting over 1000' per minute!!!

LMA is a lovely (if somewhat expensive) aircraft to fly... and I will certainly be racking up a few more hours in it now that I am officially rated in it and approved to fly it.

So I now have C-152, C-172 and PA-28 ratings... that will pretty much cover the world in terms of aircraft, meaning that I should be able to go almost anyway and find something that I can fly...

In addition to the Type Rating, I was also able to provide Trevor with the 1.4 hours that finally took him over the 100 hours required of 'direct' supervision on his C-Cat... well done mate!

now about that remaining 65.1 hours PinC time required for my CPL ;)

On another note, I spent yesterday in Hamilton watching Trevor get put through the wringer in the Sim as part of his prep for an instrument rating... although I was actually able to follow along fairly well this time, I can tell I have a LOT still to learn... am hoping to tag along next week while he's doing the same thing but in a real aircraft :)


This flight: 1.4 Dual + 0.5 PinC
Total Hours: 116.3 (77.5/31.7 Day, 3.9/3.2 Night, 5.1 IFR)

No comments: