Sunday 29 June 2008

Getting my fix...

Finally made it back in the air after a 4 week hiatus... this morning was looking pretty grim, with every other line on the weather reports including CB's, aka Cumulonimbus aka Thunderstorms :-/

Not really a big deal, as I went to a poker night last night and was not feeling too pleasant this morning anyway ;-)

Instead, I went for some Helifun with Nick in his R44... My first time ever in a 'moving' helicopter... my verdict? they move funny... probably not helped by my feeling so shifty! Was very good fun, and hopefully we will go play up in the bush sometime in the future and see some of the more 'interesting' landing spots.

Following that, I was thinking about calling it quits and coming home, when CFI Rob asked me if I would mind whipping up a couple of logbook sticker templates in Word. By the time, I had finished, and had visited the local and legendary bakery (Calum's) for lunch, the sky was looking quite blue.

So I decided to go for a flight to blow out the cobwebs... I had been planning on taking JBL to help get the hours off, when I found out that it was already able to do circuits, having just had its 25Hr check. So I decided to take LMA, as it had not flown for a month!

Glad I did, it is such a smooth aircraft, with lots of grunt and just handles so well. I took Nathan (the club captain) for a quick city scenic, and around Waiheke...

The arrival back at the airfield was interesting, after I called joining long final, UNICOM informed that I might like to try joining non-traffic side, as they had around 9 or 10 aircraft in the circuit! Glad I decided to take their advice, it was an absolute log jam! Luckily, I managed to slot into a nice big gap in the stream without any drama's.

Another 1.2 for the logbook... and my addiction fed for another week ;-)


This flight: 1.2 PinC
Total Hours: 127.2 (78.9/37.7 Day, 4.9/5.7 Night, 5.1 IFR)

No comments: