Thursday 28 February 2008

Magic Plastic



I am feeling a little bit conflicted tonight... my body is screaming blue murder as I've just got back from pre-season football training and am hurting like a hurty thing, but my brain is screaming with delight and doing cartwheels with glee...

The magic piece of plastic has finally arrived! That's right boys and girls... my licence arrived in the mail today! Wooooohoooo!



I am so stoked that it has finally arrived, and I am now officially a licensed Pilot. All I need to do now is convince someone to come flying with me :)

My Mum and Dad are coming up this way at Easter... and traditionally my Mum is supposed to be my first passenger... so hopefully I can hold out for 3 more weeks! Hopefully I will finish my 172 Type Rating this weekend, so I will be able to take M+D and jade for a tiki tour around the city or something...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

F'ing awesome mate! Just read this now, havent read your blog for a while so thought I'd check...Really happy for you, well done!!!! I actually, would you believe this or not, had a dream about you flying a fricking plane, not two days ago...wonder if it's a coinkydink..

Flyinkiwi said...

Firstly, congratulations on your PPL issue!

Secondly, where did you get the NZ licence cover? I never got one with mine and when I asked the CAA and various pilot shops they umm'd and ahh'd about it and told me to contact each other. I ended up getting a CASA Aussie one when I went over to Avalon 07.

ZK-JPY said...

Hi Euan,

The NZ licence cover came with the license...

In typical NZ Govt Department fashion, there was no letter of congratulations or anything like that, just the licence, the cover... and an Invoice/Receipt for the $55 issue fee!