Wednesday 20 February 2008

Good things come to those who wait

So the MoJ finally decided to send me my criminal history... they actually received it on January 9th. The letter stating that I had no criminal history was dated February 13th... and I got it on the 15th. So it only took 5 weeks in the end... jade tells me I should be thankful, some of the employees she has hired had to wait like 6 to 8 weeks for theirs! yikes!

So I got all the paperwork sorted with the flight examiner on Sunday, so it should have been sent off on Monday. He has asked me to note how long it takes for the license to be issued and let him know. Apparently, in today's post 11/9 world, the CAA want to talk to Interpol, the FBI, CIA, NSA, SIS, MI-6, KGB, DGSE, GSG-9, ABC and XYZ ;) to make sure that I am not a terrorist hell bent on flying my 152 into the tallest building I can find.

He has told me to expect it to take around 3 weeks. *sigh* I really want to take some friends flying, but until I have the piece of plastic, I am stuck being 'Captain Solo'.

So in preparation, I think I will just get a 172 rating, so that when I finally do get a license I can take 2 or 3 people at once, rather than 1 at a time in the 152. I also found out that DXJ has finished it's engine run-in, so is now available for flight training and is cleared for ab-initio pilots (unlike DXP which is minimum 100hrs PinC) for insurance purposes.

Sunday was not a complete write-off though... one of the other club members was getting current in the 182, and needed a check flight at all up weight. I am very good at being ballast ;) so I jumped at the chance to tag along for the ride. Got to test my headset out at the same time against a different intercom system and 3 other headsets and it was fine.

Then after getting current Nathan decided to go for a city scenic.


I have not flown over the city except in heavy jets making an approach for Auckland International, and it was a nice day so I was more than happy to sit in the back.



We took off, departed from the circuit on the downwind leg and headed towards Musik Point via Brookby.



Once at Musik Point we flew up the harbour, then circled around the Sky Tower before heading out to Waiheke.



Around Waiheke and back to Ardmore. A nice little 40 minute joyride... fabulous!

No comments: