Saturday 22 September 2007

Fine weather, Fine flying

Nice and sunny, if somewhat cloudy, which unfortunately meant that we were a little limited in what we could do today.

So we went for a flight out to the training area, not that I got to see any of it as I was using foggles (yay! much nicer than a hood) for a lot of it! :)

Standard simulated IFR, climb to X, Turn right to X, Hold your heading and altitude, turn left to X, turn right to X etc. I have to say that the instrument flying has finally 'clicked', and I am able to ignore my body and trust the instruments and complete the scan. Instead of being the brain burning concentration exercise that it started out as, I find that I am actually enjoying the challenge.

Then some compass turn practice, and I think I am fairly proficient at those... I have the Over North, Under South thing memorised, and can work the required corrections fairly quickly now.

Finally back to the field for a couple of quick circuits, with some real greaser landings, and then shutdown.

This flight: 0.9 Hours Dual, 0.3 IFR
Total Hours: 61.3 (51.6 Dual, 9.7 Solo, 2.8 IFR)

No comments: