Friday 15 August 2014

A crazy day...

Had an "interesting" day...

Started out by taking a "short stroll" in 35 degree heat to a shopping mall...

About 100m from the house, I almost got run over by a guy taking driving lessons... Doing about 5km/h... Yes... Five! :P

Later on my walk, I saw a guy wearing a 'Hamas Palestine' T-shirt...

Was greeted with "Helloooo meeester" about 20 times (including 6 at once from school kids hanging out the windows of a bus and once from a guy who shouted it at me as he went past on a scooter doing about 50km/h)...

Was followed by a woman in the shopping mall... As in, down an escalator and halfway across the mall!!?! "Excuse me mister, where are you from?"... New Zealand... "Excuse me, Do you have a family?"... Yes, in New Zealand... "Do you have any kids?"... Ahhh, No... "Do you have a.... Wife?" <insert hopeful look here>... Ahhh, yes... "Meh"... <insert disappointed look and 180° turn here>... Not sure if she was going to try and set me up with herself or her daughter... :-/

Realised I've been in Indo too long when I decided that a salon asking NZ$8 for a haircut was just outrageous...

Took a taxi back to the house... Meter says 21,000... Go to pay 25,000 because I like to tip the drivers who don't mess with foreigners...  gives me the 5,000 back... And asks for a 10!!?! :-/

Nothing makes sense... I love it! ;)

No comments: