Monday 4 October 2010

No rest for the wicked...

Despite lugging an "Instrument Rating Manual" all the way around the world and to China and back, saying "Yeah, I'll have like 10+ hours on all those long haul flights to study"... the manual came out of my bag once... and that was because I needed to use the bag for something else at the time :P

However, I haven't been totally deliquent in my studies... so at 0800 this morning, I rocked up to the "ASL Examination Centre" (read as: a small upstairs area in a small commercial unit in a small business park in East Tamaki with some computers), ready to once again engage in a battle of wits and english comprehension with the ASL question writers...

30mins later, I walked out a little disappointed that I didn't get an immediate result, which I had thought was one of the benefits of the computer based exams... especially after I got this nice green screen after clicking submit which I initially thought was a "Congratulations! You're totally awesome and kicked ass on that exam!!!"-type screen...

Instead, it was a "Congratulations, we didn't lose all your answers when you clicked submit. They're now safely stored in some super secret data centre in a super secret location. So you won't have to do the exam again... unless, of course, you failed! We'll be in touch"-type screen :-/

It turns out that they only mark the exams when everyone sitting an exam at that time has finished. As ASL also do various exams for the LTSA, and most of those exams are at least 2 1/2 hours... I was in for a bit of a wait... Thankfully, I am a posterchild for patience *cough*

So, I just logged into the results website and around 11am (after hitting refresh every 30seconds or so for about 2 hours ;) my results had been posted...

w00t! 93% for Instruments and Nav Aids... guess I'd better get that Instrument Rating Law study guide out :P

No comments: