Friday 26 December 2008

Ho Ho Ho...

What better way to finish Christmas Day than with a nice afternoon scenic flight... Took Trevor and 2 of his kids for a jolly out to Great Barrier and back in LMA.

Decided against landing at NZGB for two reasons. Firstly, I was a wee bit cramped for time as jade was wanting her dinner at a reasonable hour and, secondly, the south-westerlies would have made it awfully bumpy at ground level.

Instead, we climbed up to 5,500' (through an inversion layer at 4,500') and enjoyed the almost unlimited visibility... coped some bumps coming back down through the inversion and approaching the mainland again, but nothing too severe.

LMA, as usual, provided another pleasant flight and silky smooth landing... I am soooo glad the owner did not take her away for xmas :)

I only wish I had remembered to take jade's camera :(

Here's hoping I sneak in another flight or two, before I let the professionals have a go when I blast off for Hong Kong on New Year's Eve.


This flight: 1.3 PinC
Total Hours: 169.8 (78.9/69.9 Day, 8.6/12.4 Night, 7.0 IFR)

No comments: