Monday 31 March 2008

More darkness

So after spending 3 hours couped up in a 152, you'd think an sane person would call it quits and go home...

Well I did... only to come back a couple of hours later to bash the circuit in the dark! ;)

Having learnt my lesson last time, I showed up early so I could pre-flight in the daylight... unfortunately, we were short on gas, so we taxied over to the south-east apron and filled up at the BP tanks before it got dark...

Then we secured the aircraft and walked back to the aeroclub to wait for it to get dark... Thankfully, the days are getting shorter, so the wait was not long and we walked back to the aircraft and taxied out to 03.

Went through a whole bunch of 'emergencies' like landing light failure, flap failure etc. which all went relatively smoothly... I think I have the whole 'flare before you hit the ground' thing sussed now :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Night flying rocks! Now all I need to do is get through a B-Cat check and I'll be able to go solo!

This flight: 1.3 Dual
Total Hours: 104.3 (73.4 Dual Day, 2.2 Dual Night, 28.7 PinC, 5.1 IFR)

No comments: