Monday 31 December 2007

The perfect end...

What a day yesterday... the cloud played its part and stayed up high enough that it was perfect for some solo revision.

I took JFY out to the training area to practice stalls, forced landings and precautionary landings... Stalling was fun. I still have no idea why it scares some people?!? Having said that I got a little surprise when doing one of the basic stalls and had a wingdrop! I was about 1/2 a second away from trying to roll the wings level when the training kicked in with power/elevator first, then roll level...

The ironic thing is that when I tried for a wingdrop stall JFY refused! ha ha ha...

FLWOP and my precautionary landing were OK, I reckon I would have been OK had they been for real...

Then back to NZAR for a cup of tea... All in all, a most pleasant way to end 2007.

This flight: 1.3 Solo
Total Hours: 78.6 (60.1 Dual, 18.5 Solo, 4.0 IFR)

1 comment:

Johnny, Maree and Gabriella Hall said...

Gidday Jared

I just started a blog recently and Sarah told me you were blogging so I asked for the URL. Congrats on getting your PPL!! I have set a goal to complete mine when I am back in NZ - must be an awesome feeling!!

Cheers
Jono