Sunday 18 March 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

and while you're at it take the wind with you :(

So I got up this morning, after enjoying a little snoozing coz I remembered to put the clocks back and hour for the end of daylight savings last night. Headed into town for the Round the Bays, 8.4km "Fun" run.

I did OK, considering I have done no running training, and I've never been a good runner... as Gimli put it in the Lord of the Rings movies "I'm a natural sprinter, good over (very) short distances" ;)

According to the website, my preliminary time is 1hr 19mins. Marginally faster than last years effort of around 1hr 25mins.

But I digress, so after sucking down about 3 litres of water and going home, showering and heading out to the Airline Flying Club, I was somewhat annoyed to see the grey skies, spots of water on the windshield and the windsock at the end of 03 dancing like a white guy after too many lagers.

So, I sat around chewing the fat with some of the more experienced guys, and he's a tip for you younger (or maybe not-so-young-but-new-to-flying) guys, if your club has the facilities (and if not, then find a club that does!), take the time to sit down with some of the greybeards (no offense guys) and talk... they have probably forgotten more than you will ever know! And sometimes they'll even buy you a beer ;)

fingers crossed that the weather is a little nicer next weekend.

No comments: